If you enjoy tasty cornbread then you will love this biscotti recipe. Usually biscotti is dry and not very flavorful but this recipe address both of those concerns! Transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary, this recipe ensures that your biscotti will be bursting with rich, savory flavors. With a perfect balance between moistness and texture, these biscotti offer a sensational taste experience that will have you reaching for seconds.
- Margarin 220g or butter 7.5oz
- Sugar 200g
- 2 eggs
- Flour 300g
- Polenta 90g
- Vanilla Sugar 10g
- Baking Powder 12g
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 lemon skin (shredded)
- Roasted Almonds 70g
- Dried cranberries 80g
- 2 mixing bowls
- Parchment paper
- Large baking sheet
- Bowl or Pot for heating Chocolate
- Baking Chocolate 100g
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
4. Then add 2 eggs to the bowl and mix it all together.
5. In a second bowl mix the dry ingredients: 300g of Flour, 90g of Polenta, 10g of Vanilla Sugar, 12g of Baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
6. Combine the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet ingredients
7. Add shredded lemon skin, roasted Almonds, and Dried Cranberries to the bowl.
8. Now that you have all of your ingredients mixed together you will roll the dough into 2 separate rolls. The dough will sticky and flour should be added to your rolling surface and on top of the dough to reduce sticking.
9. Place parchment on large baking sheet and place both rolls.
11. Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
12. Bake biscotti for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
13. Let them cool off before cutting.
Optional: Melt 100g of chocolate, 1 cup of milk, and 2 tablespoons of your choice of oil, you can also add sugar but its not necessary. Dip or pour chocolate on top of the Biscotti.